1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

The Love of God

The Love of God

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Being Certain.

So I have not written in my blog a little less than a year. This past year at school was a real test for me with my faith in God and trust in Him. Well I didnt do so well in my test. I feel a long ways down, to a point where people started to point it out to me. I realized that I had a problem, tried to fixed it, continued to do it, and fixed it again. I also realized that I had little faith in God. I had not read or even picked up my bible for a long time, had not had a spiritual conversation with anyone, pushed myself far away from God, and I couldnt sleep anymore either. I started to see things again and wake up in the middle of the night due to a heavy pressure on my body and night sweats. I couldnt sleep in fear of dying during my sleep and having that fear that I would not go to heaven, I would feel as if someone was watching me. It was no way to keep living. I finally left school and got home, went to church and they just started to do these communication cards. So I wrote down, "having little faith in God," not knowing why I was sharing this with people I didnt know. I got an email 3 days later from the pastor telling me that he is there for me if I needed to talk to someone and that through every believers journey people go through a period when they have little faith and have a hard time believing. This made me feel so much better knowing that I was not alone, that when God looks at me He sees Jesus, he sees perfect! :) How amazing is this! He sees me perfect, he has this love that never fails and he will NEVER leave me! Mark 11:22 says this, "Have faith in God, Jesus answered." Simple yet powerful! And Hebrews 11:1 says this, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see." My faith needs to be sure of what I hope for; heaven, doing Gods will to the end, pursing Him, and my faith needs to be certain of what I cant see, I need to remember that I know for certain that God is there even though I cant see him. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment