1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

The Love of God

The Love of God

Friday, February 5, 2010

If He performed miracles because He was God, then they would be unattainable for us. But if He did them as a man, I am responsible to pursue His lifes

Some people and I went out to peoples doors in the dorms and asked if we could take out there trash and some peoples responses were so awesome! Like why are you doing this? Just to serve you and tell you that God loves you! One person even asked if there were any good churches around here, it was so awesome to talk to them about God and just to serve people. Like who really wants to take out your trash anyway...thats like gross right...well Jesus was a servant and washed people feet. If He performed miracles because He was God, then they would be unattainable for us. But if He did them as a man, I am responsible to pursue His lifestyle. So why do no I not serve people as much as I should was really the challenge that I have been presented with over and over again. And to be perfectly honest i have no idea why. Why should i keep Gods love a secrect. Why am i not telling people about this awesome eternal life that they could be having with this awesome man! :) I feel like God gave me this huge heart for serving people but i just dont wanna do it...and i do not understand why. I should be loving to everyone and should care about people who do not know God. Yeah :)


2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I was always wishing that I could figure out how to go dorm room to dorm room helping out but nothing came to mind. I didn't think about taking out their trash. Perhaps baking cookies as s group and then bringing them cookies in exchange for their trash would be even cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah totally! That would be awesome!! Nice idea!
    We got the best reactions ever and if we gave them cookies then the reaction would be awesome!! :D
    Thanks Nate!

    ReplyDelete